The search and recruitment firm, JAPAN Maruko International Corp. is looking for, Wine Sommeliers.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of wines, other beverages and supplies.
- Conduct a monthly inventory on all beverages and supplies.
- Update inventory locations and bin labels whenever wines are moved.
- Maintain cleanliness in all beverage areas.
- Eliminate waste by supervising employees on pour levels, proper storage, etc.
- Engage in all aspects of beverage service during restaurant service hours.
- Manage Infogenesis pricing / maintenance issues to ensure checks can be processed correctly.
- Maintain clean, error-free wine lists by constantly updating and reprinting.
- Meet regularly with the wine trade to actively seek quality wines for the restaurant wine program.
- Taste and evaluate wines and other beverages for potential purchase.
- Prior to service, organize all BEO wines to be served during that evening.
- Place AS400 beverage orders at the end of service or by midnight of said service.
- Anticipate the guests’ needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Food & Beverage Services Management or equivalent.
- Must have at least 2 years of service experience in a similar dining environment.
- Male/Female not more than 35 years old.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of wines, other beverages and their proper service.
- Must have a working knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) systems and operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Able to start work immediately or within short notice
- 6 Full-Time positions available.
Closing date: January 30, 2012